Our Coaching Philosophy
No one can undertake the journey for you, but we can certainly help you along the way: from pragmatic to strategic to personal development. We aim to empower students to discern, discover, and pursue meaningful careers to be a force for good in the world. We are committed to providing exceptional coaching support to you along your career journey.
Our Coaching Methodology
To best assist you along your journey, we use a coaching model where you are assigned a primary coach to support you during your MBA career journey. It is critical to establish an ongoing two-way communication where we can get to know about you: your goals, interests, and answer any questions you may have. We strive to tailor our support to meet your personal career discernment and job search needs in a way that is most beneficial to you.
Metaphorically speaking, your primary coach is like a primary care physician, where you should aim to meet regularly and keep them informed of your job search efforts. Your primary coaching designation is made based upon a number of considerations, including:
- Expressed interests and focus areas on your incoming student profile
- Target company list
- Preliminary coaching conversations
You are free to meet with other coaches if you have a specialty need you would like to discuss with another coach in their respective area(s) of expertise. Or, if you have an urgent need come up unexpectedly for which your primary coach is unavailable to assist you, you are free to reach out to another coach. Generally speaking, please work with your primary coach first and if unable to, please make sure you are informing them of these types of discussions.
Our Coaching Expectations
In order to make this partnership successful, we will need your cooperation on the following items:
- Plan to meet with your career coach at least once per mod; until you achieve the career outcome you are seeking. (You are also encouraged to meet more frequently than this as helpful.)
- Come ready to share topics of discussion and meeting agendas ahead of time — this will allow for career coaches to better prepare resources to support you.
- Keep your coach informed along your career journey to maintain that critical line of communication.
- Most importantly, take accountability for your role in the coaching and job search process. We are here to assist you along your journey!
If you have any concerns that arise during this process, please partner with your primary coach to address these issues. Should you need further assistance in resolving the matter, please feel free to reach out to John Rooney, the Director of Graduate Business Career Development.
We are here to help you tackle the challenges you may encounter in this journey, and are here to celebrate with you when you achieve successes and milestones along the way. Cheers to your career success and Go Irish!