You've applied for a role, now what?
Preparing for an interview takes a lot more than just a few Google searches. The interview is your opportunity to make a great first impression and showcase your skills and interpersonal qualities. An interview is an equal opportunity for you to determine whether the position and organization are a good fit for you.
Understanding the process, including different formats and modes, will help you feel confident on interview day.
Preparation is key to interview success. This includes researching the organization and industry, practicing your responses, dressing for the role, and interviewing like a champion. Keep in mind that there may be function-specific types of interviews, such as case interviews.
- Video: Successful Interviewing
- Interview Guide
- Glassdoor: A helpful external resource for reviewing interview experiences of other candidates for relevant roles at your target companies
- Case Interview Framework: A list of 10 common consulting frameworks and how to effectively use them
Mock interviews will help you practice your interview skills.
- Big Interview: A practice interview platform
- Reach out to the applicable MBA clubs to schedule mock-interviews with members of the leadership team:
- Business Analytics Club
- Consulting Club
- Finance & Investments Club
- Marketing Club
- Technology Club
- Sample Behavioral Interview Questions
Effectively continuing the conversation after an interview, by sending a thank-you note and following-up, can help you stand out in a positive way.