General Management, Operations & Logistics
Leadership Development Programs (LDPs)
Leadership Development Program (LDP) opportunities are offered at a variety of companies and are designed to identify and train individuals to become the next generation of corporate leaders. Generally, LDP participants rotate through different roles on a specified schedule. Internship opportunities afford 10-12 week rotational opportunities whereas full-time opportunities can generally last anywhere from six to eighteen months, with individuals going through a varying number of rotations. This gives individuals the opportunity to learn about different parts of a company or business units, while having the time to determine which path they want to pursue upon completion.
Operations & Logistics
The supply chain includes numerous facets of a business: marketing, product design, suppliers, manufacturing, logistics, and customers. Operations management is chiefly responsible for planning, organizing and supervising all aspects of production, manufacturing or the provision of services. It is delivery-focused, ensuring that an organization successfully turns inputs to outputs in the most efficient manner possible. The inputs could represent anything from materials, equipment and technology, to human resources, such as staff or workers. Jobs exist within all of these functions and processes. Many job opportunities exist in supply chain management, and they frequently transform as products and the marketplace change.
Example Job: Supply Chain Manager
Hiring Company Examples:
- HP Inc.
- Johnson & Johnson
- Southwest Airlines
Supply Chain Managers are responsible for overseeing and managing company's overall supply chain and logistics strategy and operations in order to maximize the process efficiency and productivity. In addition, they play a crucial role in developing and maintaining good relationships with vendors and distributors.
- Knowledge of operational demands, including daily operations and facility resources
- Quick learner with ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, maintain focus, and adapt to a variety of challenges
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Ability to make analytical, data-driven decisions while keeping the customer first
- Strong sense of time organization and urgency
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Professional Associations:
- Careers in Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- MBA Programs Guide
- The Official GMAT
- Jobs In Logistics
- Logistics Online
- Supply Chain Jobs
- MBA Leadership Development Programs
- 26 Companies That Offer Exceptional Professional Development Programs for Entry-Level Employees
- 2023 Ranking of MBA Development Programs
- Development Rotational Programs & LDPs: Info Sheet
- Which MBA Employers Run the Best Leadership Development Programs?
- 5 Top Companies with MBA Leadership Development Programs
- Leadership Development & Rotational Programs: Info
- 10 Companies with Awesome Training and Development Programs